Welcome to SOS
SOS = Serving Our Seniors with Solutions that Work!
Telephone: (716) 598-6861
About Camille Suszek, Proprietor
Camille Suszek is an educator, experienced caretaker, advocate, and problem-solver. She assists seniors and their families who require guidance and assistance that allows them to remain in their own homes or communities when faced with health issues, such as dementia, strokes, and other physical and cognitive issues that limit their independence. She holds a Master’s Degree in Special Education and Teaching, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and Human Services.
Making a difference in the lives of seniors and providing you with peace of mind
Helping you establish linkages, resources, education, information, and support within your community.
Providing you with information on comprehensive plans that are monitored and reassessed regularly to put yours and your loved one’s mind at ease.
Serving Our Seniors Blog
Striving to Keep Seniors Healthy, Happy, and at Home! SOS, Serving Our Seniors Inc., is a locally owned business focused on helping senior citizens remain in their own homes and communities. Camille Suszek, the proprietor, established serving our seniors after leaving...read more
Bill, Clarence, NY, Testimonial
Ms. Suszek was a tremendous guide in pointing my brother and I in the right direction as we struggled with how best to deal with our 90-year-old Mom’s loneliness, memory issues, and depression following the death of her husband (our Dad).
Ann, West Seneca, Testimonial
Camille is an enthusiastic, knowledgeable advocate for seniors who want to stay in their own homes, but need some “extra help” and aren’t sure where to start or if it is even possible. I would definitely recommend that families contact Camille, and let her help you develop a solid plan.
Roberta, West Seneca, Testimonial
My 86 year old husband and I live alone. I became exhausted and was having difficulty caring for him after he sustained a fall. Caring for him and balancing my daily household activities was so difficult. Camille listened and offered practical solutions. She created a plan to help us with what we needed to remain in our home together. She’s a lifesaver!
Spending Time with the Elderly: 7 Simple Activities to Consider
by Camille Suszek
As we welcome 2019, many wonder “how did the year go by so quickly?” We find so many ways to fill our time. For those of us managing a job and family, or caring for others, there never seems to be enough time. For others, there can be too much time to fill, often spent in isolation. This year, consider spending quality time with an elderly person in your life by engaging in meaningful activities you can both enjoy.
1. Look at old pictures. There are so many memories, thoughts, and stories of happy times that can be relived through photos.
2. Listen to music. Music can be calming and bring joy in recalling times past.
3. Cook or Bake Together. Find an old family recipe, purchase the ingredients, savor the aroma, and enjoy your creation.
4. Write a card or note. Bring over an assortment of cards and stamps and write a note or card to a friend or family member.
5. Do a house chore. Aging adults often have difficulty with movement and completing chores they easily accomplished in the past. Help them with simple projects, redecorating, or organizing.
6. Go for a ride. Check out the old neighborhood or take a drive in the country. Stop at a restaurant or gift shop to enhance your experience.
7. Play a game. There’s nothing like simple card games, guessing games, or puzzles for sharpening the mind.